Hurry up and wait…….

Up early this morning to get my Queen fed and off to work. I decided not to eat as I knew I would probably be waiting a pretty good while on my truck and that I could go and get me some breakfast to kill some time. I got the truck to the garage and told them I was gonna have to wait for it and they graciously said they would get to it as quick as they could. I thought about that breakfast thing, but the closest acceptable place (for me) was about a mile and a half and I just wasn’t up for that kind of a hike. I don’t think getting there [walking] would have been that big of a challenge, but coming back with a full belly would have been a real pain in the touchas (or belly as it were). Especially since it is in the mid 80°’s even that early in the morning – and – just a skosh sticky…… so I opted to just wait. Amazingly – they took my truck in fairly quick and an hour or so later was done with it. They had a list of things that need fixed on it….. I just got the estimate on it a bit a go…. $2700. GULP….. Thankfully, nothing on the list is urgent….. although one of the items [according to them] needing replaced is the engine mounts….. well dammit….. that can’t be good…… guess I’m gonna have to wedge my big ole belly under there and see just how bad they are. There is a handful of other things, but not sure how quick I want to get into that…… $2700 would buy a lot of food and Budweiser~~ Crap~!

Back on the boat in the morning and according to the latest manifest, it is going to be a very full boat. I know a handful of the people, but the majority are all new folks, so there will be lots of picture taking. LOTS. Which means lots of editing as well. There is an afternoon boat, but I have already decided I’m not gonna go on it. As of right now, it is only two people and they are on the morning as well, so I’m not missing obligations or money making opportunities. I have a family photo shoot Saturday afternoon (on land) and I’m looking forward to that. That may take me late editing and getting them put up, so not 100% sure there will be anything on here tomorrow night or not. Tonight’s pictures are the second half from yesterday, and will have lots of the shark shots. Keep in mind when you look at some of these…. I am shooting with a 120° Wide Angle lens….. in other words, some of those sharks are so close, I could not fit them within the frame…. even with that lens~! Nice & close~!  😉

Good Night Y’all / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / Thankx for stopping in~!


Total Page Visits: 181 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *