A day on the trails~~

Up a little before 06:00 this morning even though I was allowed to sleep in. Didn’t have to be at the yard until 09:00, so I had lots of time, but full bladders and old habits just didn’t see fit for me to score on that extra rest. I went ahead and got up and enjoyed my quiet morning until it was time to go rouse my Queen. After we got woke up, I made breakfast for us and Angie actually ate two egg-n-cheese sammiches this morning. I was happy~! I had my usual goodness. Got my GoPro pulled off of my underwater camera and housed up so I could use it on the trails today and I was out the door. Angie drove separately so she could drop off laundry and didn’t want to hang around after the guests were done. Tours went okay….. first group was late, which automatically puts me behind the 8 ball to get the tour done and get the guests back [safely] in time for the next tour. I guess even though they were all smiles and said they had a ball, they must have felt rushed or something, because they left without so much as a friggin’ dime for a tip. You’ll have those kind of folks occasionally.  Fortunately (and sadly) the second tour was even later. I told them I would hang out and do the tour for them (since I didn’t have any other tours). They finally showed up and we were finally on our way a full half an hour late…….. Since the only schedule I had to worry about was mine…… we took our time and wound up doing a full tour. The guests drove reasonably, were mostly friendly and engaging and had a good time as well. They did leave a tip. Not much of one, but it was something. My Bride got them on their way and she took off for the house. I stayed and washed the machines and got them all put away. I also “mowed” the grass….. using that term loosely tonight. Being dryer than a pop corn fart around here, the grass hasn’t done a heckva lot of growing and I’m fine with that…… but the clumps of grass needed some attention, so that’s done. Hopefully I get to sneak another month of ‘not mowing’ in there~!

Finally back here…. pictures edited and put up. Showered and now thinking about what I can scrounge up to eat. Would seriously pay 100 bucks to get a good pizza delivered here (in less than 2 hours)…… I’m out of SPAM and Vienna Sausage and I don’t think we have lunch meat….. dammit Emmit. It’s to late (and I’m already showered) to fire up the grill, but I may not have a choice. Angie has already said she don’t want to go out to eat…… Hmmmm……  I’ll think of something~

Good Night Y’all ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Thankx for stopping in~!


Total Page Visits: 281 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *