Wine Pairings~

Well, as I mentioned on my last blog— I would be shooting a couple of wine pairings and that they usually run late enough, I generally do not have time to do much of anything by the time I get back and get the editing and posting done of those pictures. I was correct. I went from putting the pictures in my gallery straight into bed as I have to get up early to dive the next day. I did get a little reprieve this set. After the Thursday pairing tour, I was informed that the next mornings boat was cancelled. They only had 2 divers and they backed out at the last minute…… I used that opportunity to sleep in a little bit–and– actually did…. to almost 08:00~! Ermazing~!! The Friday pairing was out of the ordinary in several ways. 1) It was the second pairing in a row (due to high demand) 2) My Queen went on this one. I has asked her if she wanted to try one and she said yes- and wound up having a ball~! 3) We had to deal with a down pour and ensuing solid showers for the entire second half of the tour. (First time it has ever rained on us)  Most of our guests managed to stay fairly dry…… not quite the case with me as I moved around tending to boat duties and getting pictures. After we docked, I stood my ‘post’ on the dock helping guests off of the boat. Problem is, a bunch of the guests didn’t want to get wet, so they were very slow getting off of the boat, so I was soaked. All part of the job. Finally back home and dried off/out and sat down to edit and post pictures.

I tried to sleep in again this morning but my bladder wasn’t having it…. so up a little earlier than I wanted…… but it’s all good. The rain apparently spurred a growth spurt in our lawn and I decided that I would mow today but intermittent rain all day today (tis the season) kept the yard wet enough I did not want to attempt it. I instead used most of the quiet day to do my on-line learning for my Dive Master certification. That took the bulk of the day but it is done and I passed my exams. Now all I have left [I think] are a couple of in water tests (mostly swimming challenges)…….. Finally repaired to the couch for a movie my bride picked out…. she liked it…. me, not so much. Stopped to make me a couple of Tuna fish sammiches and now on here while watching/listening to the Raiders-Bengals game…… Hopefully dry enough tomorrow to mow…… we’ll see.

Good Night Y’all~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Thankx for stopping in~!

P1110094 <— Video


Total Page Visits: 422 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *