Well dooggy……. a day off~!

Had a chance to sleep in this morning – but a stomach wrought with issues decided that was not the thing to do do……. but I fought it and wrestled around in bed until I was afraid I was going to wake my Queen up and I rolled on out. Spent the next 30 minutes with the same issues I have been trying to figure out before my Queen came out and joined me. Now that it was TWO people vying for the ‘one spot’ I contained my issues the best I could and started my day accordingly. A slow, relaxing start to our day…. we sipped coffee, and caught up on all the news that is news [Ray Stevens reference] and got our day started. Both hungry and neither of us wanting to cook – we called in our ‘last’ order on our gift card to Polly’s.  Because of folks visiting and doing breakfast together – we have kinda slipped out of our routine ordering breakfast from Polly’s. It didn’t take take them long for them to recognize us – and before you could whistle Dixie real good – we had our standard issue wonderfully delicious breakfast from Polly’s. Bellies full – we settled into a day of doing dang near NUTHIN~! I did run back into town to check mail for a piece of mail I was expecting and really wanted. It was there and in short order I was back at the house helping my Bride do absolutely nothing~!!!!

Fast fast forward to the end of the day……. course I can’t go without saying I had a mostly delightful conversation with my Big Sis (Ela) on the phone. Believe it or not — I talked almost 45 minutes! I know – hard to believe right ? Finally done chatting with her (she is worried about my health) as big Sisters are prone to do…… She don’t understand (apparently) us ‘young bucks’ are gonna go our own way – but it’s nice to know someone is worrying about you~~~

Dinner for tonight very apparently turned into a ‘worry about feeding your damn self’ pretty quick………. so while my Bride munched on a blowme sammich…. I drank and played around on line…….. finally about to starve….. I was gonna make a couple of burgers, but since the friggin pan wasn’t big enough – I fired up the grill and throwed a whole stack of burgers on it. JUST in time – our neighbors pulled up (not to be confused with our ‘damn’ neighbors who would break into our house in the middle of the night and steal stuff……. they came over….. drank a little bit and left… a little bit odd– but okay……. now back to ourselves….. I’m in serious need of a shower and some sleep……. we’ll see how that works out……….

Good Night Ya’ll : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : Thankx for stopping in~!


Total Page Visits: 436 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

2 thoughts on “Well dooggy……. a day off~!”

  1. Thanks for the shout out! I really enjoyed our talk. Should do it more often little Bro! I love you. Try the tiny pill damn it! 😉

  2. We’ll see — I enjoyed the chat as well. Would like for things to slow down a little bit before I try the tiny pill…….. maybe next year ??? 😉
    Love ya Sis~~

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *