Where does the time go……..

This past week has been just an absolute whirlwind for us old folks…… geeesh….. just almost impossible to see where the time went so dang quick….. It seems like Amanda and company got in here and one really good eye blink later they were gone……… it was a sad, tearful, wet good bye at the airport as we sent everyone back to the Land of Plenty…….. the island was sad every one was leaving and wept openly as we headed for the airport (rained)…… sadly, one of the very few places law enforcement chooses to do their job the way it is supposed to be done, is there at the drop lanes at the airport…… a$$wipes….. people saying goodbye to their loved ones, you would think they would cut folks a little bit of slack – especially since they don’t enforce the $%^&* law anywhere else on the island…. bunch of a$$hats…… but we did our hugs and kisses quickly and left our visitors to deal with the circus that is our airport…….   We told them we were only 15 minutes away if something stupid happened that they needed us. It was a quiet somber ride back to the house. Once there, we straightened up a little bit – put away the stuff donated to us they didn’t use……. made a drink and just sat in front of the fan quietly. Neither of us in the mood for chatter. So – soso great to have visitors here on our beautiful little island……. and it may be just me — but the hole they leave when they go back to the states seems to be getting a little bit bigger and a little bit deeper each time someone goes back…… Text messages kept us informed of travel and we breathed a little easier when we knew everyone was back safely. A mostly restless night sleep for both of us as we struggled to deal with the fact we would not get to see those faces in the morning again……. part of the price you have to pay for this life style.

Up and at it for both of us this morning……. My Bride went to work at Blues for a little bit and I once again reclaimed ‘my spot’ on the boat. Dives were fun, lots to see…… vis mostly sucked….. Happily my Queen was home by the time I got there….. she brought Mickey-D’s for dinner/supper…… we’re havin’ drinks and dealing with other life’s little difficulties now….. and life goes on here in our little piece of paradise…… albeit a little bit quieter…… 😉

Good Night Ya’ll + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + Thankx for stopping in~!



Total Page Visits: 422 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *