A much better day……

Early to bed last night (8:30) and under the influence of Vodka, a handful of muscle relaxers, a very long day in the heat and a full belly…. I barely remember laying down on the bed and don’t think I moved a muscle until about 03:30……. one of those sleeps when you wake up, you have to think about where you’re at and when you went to bed kinda things…… I then just snoozed off and on until a little after 06:00 when I got up to start my day. Same routine, a small bite to eat and out the door for another day ATVing….. Machines all checked (oil, air, etc) and moved over to the yard for the day. Had the machine from yesterday that needed a little TLC and between me, Jamal and the mechanic – we had it ready to go by 10:00. Fortunately [I think] all customers were running really late. Late enough we had to improvise a short tour, to make sure we got them back to the yard in time for the next tour…… They were ALL ‘needs lots of work’ drivers and I was happy when the tour was over. They all had a ball and I don’t think they even realized how short their tour was…… but you’ll have that when you show up that late for your appointment. Second tour was a little late – but they were all excellent drivers and that tour was an absolutely blast and nobody came anywhere close to dying. Back, bikes washed, filled with gas and put away for the next day.

Back here – pictures edited and put up…. one or 6 drinks and a bite to eat…. I’m ready for a shower and doing it all again tomorrow. My back is healing up nicely – although still tender…… Some way or another – I managed to get stung again today by those $%^&^%$ Jack Spaniard wasps. Nasty little bast…. beggars….. Tomorrow is our last day in the ATVĀ  business for a while as the ‘kids‘ come backĀ  Sunday afternoon…. so they’ll take their business back over and we’ll go back to our other life…..I intend to take Sunday ‘off’ before getting back on the boat and spend it with my Queen. Right now — I’m tired and sore and ready for my shower and some rest/sleep……

Good Night Ya’ll – – – – – – – – – – – – – – Thankx for stopping in~!

Total Page Visits: 345 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *