Up again at the crack of OMG it’s early~~! The house was dark and quiet (like I like it) as I moved around and got ready for my day while my Queen lay in the next room snoozin’.  About the time I had the majority of my stuff done and out of the way – Angie came rolling out and I got to spend my last hour with her, relatively quiet until it was time for me to go. I headed into town for what I believed to be my last boat of this assignment, and it was supposed to be just a 2-tank dive in the morning….. with no ‘student’ boat going out in the afternoon. Got there early enough to once again get my gear loaded, set up and my camera put together. Shortly after that, the students started straggling in. These aren’t your typical high schoolers though… these are all [early] college students working on their MBA’s…… but still a lot of ‘kid’ left in all of them. I have got to know most of them over the past week (25 in all) and since they since have got comfortable with me in the water around them, the last 3-4 dives have been extra fun as they come up and clown for the camera when I am around. I occasionally ease off for fish and coral pictures to supplement all their ‘clowning’ pictures. The Dive Master on this mornings load confirmed only the morning boat for the students….. but…… the staff and crews were gonna take the boat in the afternoon for a couple of quiet relaxing’ dives to celebrate the end of a fairly tough week…… and I was more than welcome if I wanted to go~~ Uhmmmm… thank you – but no. I didn’t think I’d ever turn down a couple of free ‘relaxing’ dives….. but this old man had pretty much hit his limit. 20 dives in 6 days….. even by ‘Pro’ standards (people that do it for a living)….. that is a lot of diving. Especially when you spend almost every day chasing people and hustling to ‘get that shot’…….. By the time we got back – got the kids unloaded, the tanks unloaded and the gear unloaded…… I was whooped…… as a rule… I really don’t like to admit that …. but I unabashedly declared out loud to anybody that asked……. I was whooped.

Back at the house, I slammed a beer, about a dozen Ritz crackers topped with some scrump-dilli-tious egg salad my Bride made for me and then started in on Vodka and Cranberry while I started uploading pictures. Pictures are uploaded, edited and delivered to the customer….. so now I really get to relax… fixing to jump in the shower here very shortly. I have a butt-load of little odds and ends to get done that I have put off this past week – but tomorrow I plan on doing a heckva lot of nothing~! I have quite a bit of off-gassing to accomplish and laying around watching the boob-tube seems like the perfect way to do it.

Good Night Ya’ll – – – – – – – – – – – – – –  -Thankx for stopping in~!


Total Page Visits: 385 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *