3 Year Island-versary~~

As suspected, it was late enough when we got back to the house last night…. and due to working [not drinking] I was just too tired to try and write anything. Blues had a (COVID) capacity crowd last night, which is half of their normal capacity to allow for social distancing, but the line up to the bar to order drinks and food was in place all night long and only once until the last half hour did that line ever go away. It kept the bartender and an occasional helper and me as bar back hopping – all night. My Bride contended with multiple little issues like making more sides and helping keep tables clean and allowing me the very occasional smoke break (2 smoke breaks in just over 4 hours), so we all earned our keep last night. The band from the states (Mama’s Blacksheep) drew in the crowd and we did our very best to keep them sated with drinks and food. It was a joint effort by a bunch of folks and it went off [mostly] without a hitch. I started the afternoon off a little bit sideways, by tripping over the water spigot and snapping it in half while rinsing out a cooler. After being soaked in a fountain of water until it got turned off….. luckily there was a plumber at the bar that had what we needed to fix it and we were soon back on track, although I spent the rest of the night with very wet feet. It was obvious when I got home and peeled my socks and shoes off to let my poor wrinkled old feet finally dry out. Neither of us had an appetite, so we settled for a couple of drinks as we settled into our respective seats to give our old tired backs a rest. We each got a shower….. one of us got a nice long hot shower, the other one got a short lukewarm shower……..   😉  before collapsing into bed. That was Midnight. I don’t remember much of anything else until about 06:30 this morning…. and even though I had to whizz bad enough I could almost taste it – I stayed in bed until almost 08:00 “lounging” until I couldn’t take it anymore and finally got up to answer nature’s call.

Took it easy all day today. My Queen made a tasty breakfast and we didn’t do much else other than watch TV. We finally finished the series RECTIFY…. weird series and didn’t care for the way it ended, but a mostly entertaining 4 season series. We nuked up the last couple of pieces of pizza from several nights ago and made that our dinner while we found and have started another series. This one is called The 100 – recommended by one of my readers (sorry, don’t remember who) – just started the 3rd episode and so far interesting~! It’s 7 seasons, so interested to see if it holds our interest for that long. Talked to the dive shop today about getting back in the water. My bandages fell off last night after my shower and the ‘wounds‘ look pretty good….. so about time to get wet~!

Good Night Ya’ll * * * * * * * * * * * * * Thankx for stopping in~!



Total Page Visits: 381 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *