Easy going Saturday…….

Got home yesterday morning after another 2 tank dive. Couple of nice big sharks but they were apparently not in the mood to be photographed and kept their distance. Several other fun sea creatures to occupy my camera lens as I swam around in 79° water that felt much cooler than 79°. It’s that time of year the water is starting to cool off and as we become more and more acclimated to our climate – the cooler than warm air and water is starting to feel to us. Just before our ‘Christmas winds’ laid down, we actually draped towels out of my truck over our shoulders while we stood outside and smoked. That was an air temperature of bout 76° but still felt really chilly to us. Of course, that 2 week blast we got back in the states over Christmas probably didn’t help us any. The winds have laid down and it is our usual nice and warm weather during the daytime now. Anyhow – I got back from the dives and my Bride offered me a drink, which sounded good. They tasted even better than they sounded and was going down a whole lot easier than they probably should have, so by about 6:00pm, I was pretty much shot. I vaguely remember having some Gusto’s pizza that my Queen went and fetched for me and it seems like we finished the series the Queen’s Gambit [highly recommend!] but everything else is kind of a blur until this morning……. hence, my not writing anything….. you’ll have that every now and again…… guess I should say I’ll have that every now and again…………. today was mostly a day of ‘recovery’ taking it easy and doing a whole lot of nothing.

I did finally break down and watch part of a Colts football game this afternoon, until Angie nudged me off of the couch and said we were going to Blue’s to celebrate Debs birthday. Angie had ran and picked up a small cake and some plates for the occasion….. so we made the big trek to mid-island to Blues. we gave Deb her cake and a quick rendition of happy birthday, then sat down for a couple or three drinks. My stomach still not quite right, I wasn’t in much of a drinking mood and that, saddled with the fact there were only a small handful of people there, we both agreed it was time to head back to the house. Back safe and sound – I am trying to get something in my belly and hoping it stays there. Not sure what tomorrow will bring….. hopefully sleeping in and another easy day….. although I do have to get the yard mowed……. always something in this tough retired life  😉

Good Night Ya’ll * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Thankx for stopping in~!

P1080037  <—- Video

P1080062 <—- Video



Couldn’t get the candles to stay light – so Angie had her blow out her lighter  😉  Island ingenuity……..


Total Page Visits: 348 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *