WHOA there big fella~~

Up this morning after an interrupted night of slumber. The electricity went off around 8:30pm and was still off when we both decided it was time to hit the sack around 11:00. Fortunately, the night air is starting to cool off a little bit and we had the slightest hint of a breeze – but still makes for a stuffy night without any fans blowing on you. I got up [oddly] around 12:20 a.m. to calm my whining bladder – that is a new development lately – electric was still off and as I laid there in bed trying not to sweat – I heard a click and the ceiling fan came on as well as my clock on the nightstand. It has a battery back up and goes blank when the electricity goes off – but still keeps time. So I got up, shut off the other fans in the house, turned on the floor fan and soon settled into a decent slumber until around 06:30 when my Bride got up….. I followed her shortly afterward to start my day.

She was up up and out the door for her day of labor at Blues – leaving me to domesticate and other things I was wanting to get done. As soon as she was gone – I hooked up and loaded the wash machine. While it was doing it’s thing, I got my truck loaded with everything I thought I’d need to start in on the porch at the ATV yard. I then made me a right fine breakfast of sausage and eggs. During that time – the laundry finished and I got the clothes hung on the clothesline. Waited long enough that most of the laundry was dry [brilliant hot sunshine and a nice breeze works even faster than a dryer] and I gathered it up and brought it in and folded it. Finally out the door – first stop – I bought a ‘new‘ dive set up from neighbor and friend….. I’m either gonna ‘flip it’ for a couple of bucks profit – or maybe hang onto it in case we have friends or family that visit, that could use it….. we’ll see.

Second stop was to my most frequented dive shop. I made a deal with the shop owner and got a really nice dive package that should keep me happily, easily diving for the rest of the year~! Woo-Hoo~! From there – on to the ATV yard, where I was to begin my day of ‘real’ labor. It is now well past noon and I was not very confident that I would get much done, before wearing out and calling it a day. Working by myself – handling 12′ long 2″ x 6″s made for its own challenges – but I managed to come up with solutions for every challenge that came up against. I stayed at it and by the time my Queen pinged me to say that she was headed home – I had completed way more than I had hoped to – so feeling pretty good about what I got done, I cleaned up the job site and came back to the house. I still had some laundry hanging (bulky items that took longer to dry). They were all dry, so I got them pulled down, folded and put away. I got mildly cleaned up (bird bath in the sink) and a drink made just as my Queen pulled in. We have had a handful of drinks (and me a fistful of aspirin) and I ran up to Subway and got us ‘dinner’ and here we are. I was informed they no longer offer the Subway Club because they can’t get the meat for it – I am heart broken)…. Now, I am anxious for a shower and some rest. The manual labor today told me – I’m not much cut out for that kind of work anymore….. but it was nice to be doing it again. The tour for tomorrow has been moved out to Friday – So I have all day to work on the porch tomorrow. I figure I will finish up the framing part of it and maybe even get a little bit of metal on the roof….. as long as I hold up……  Dang…. way over my limit… sorry…

Good Night Ya’ll + + + + + + + + + + + Thankx for stopping in~!

My Bride and Dave
Liz, Eugene and other guy
Joel and Mike and Janice
Derrick, Jeremy and Sarah

I gotta get in some of the pictures~!

Carpenters nightmare house



Total Page Visits: 393 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *