Wet Grass…… wet everything~

Up fairly early after a mostly wonderful night’s sleep…. other than a small neck ache from sleeping in some funky position. I pried myself away from my Queen who was wrapped mostly around me. I hated to do it – but “Mom Nature” was insisting I get up and tend to things. I just barely got myself finished in the ‘Loo’ before my Bride came stumbling out behind me. I was hoping she was gonna sleep in some, as she was way behind me coming into bed. Other than mowing – nothing I really planned on getting done today – especially after bailing on my planned dive. I did want to get the grass mowed – but had to wait until it got somewhere near close enough to dry to even try it. Thankfully, the sun was shining, we had our typical beautiful blue skies and we even had a nice breeze. After a small tasty breakfast and a little patience – I finally ventured out to try and get something done with the yard. First thing I needed to do was change the blade on the lawn mower, as my recent use of it on the mountain top proved to be….. let’s say slightly detrimental to the condition of the blade. I had picked up a new blade the other day – so in just a couple of minutes I had a new blade on. I checked the oil, filled it with gas and was soon in mowing mode again. The initial plan was to get the small ”shorter’ grass in the front mowed and see what the back ”tall/wetter” grass looked like – but I pushed on through and within an hour had the entire yard mowed. I’ll probably have to do the back part again in a day or so because of excess clippings left behind – but for now it looks a heckva lot better. Even though my chest was feeling much, much less congested – it didn’t take long for the hot humid air to make me suck wind…. mouth agape like a fish out of water, but I slowed my pace a little bit – mowed a little slower in the shady areas and finished up without issue. Weed eating took a little more out of me – but thankfully that was only 20-25 minutes and I was done. So – for all you worry warts and others that are concerned for my well being……. I am recovering [albeit not as fast as I would like] from my mysterious affliction of congestion. I don’t have the Rona, or the Flu or anything else….. I think I just inhaled some funky stuff on the mountain top or something with the 3 days of solid rain we had. I’ll be good to go in another day or so……. but thank you for your concern~~

Little Sis continues to go downhill, so just a matter of [apparently very little] time. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers as well as her husband and Daughter who are tending to her. I still do not feel ‘safe’ to dive yet – so just kind of hanging out here and waiting……   I’ll hopefully put up some pictures you haven’t seen yet. I’ll eventually get back into the normal swing of things and start getting some new pix for you soon.

Good Night Ya’ll + + + + + + + + + + + + + + Thankx for stopping in~~!




Total Page Visits: 434 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *