North Star~!

Up early this morning to get ready for my day of picture taking….. and sadly to ‘pay the price’ for putting them big ole slabs of onions on my burgers last night. Don’t care- it was soooo worth it~!  Got that stuff out of the way – a fresh bump charge on all my batteries, loaded everything into the truck and waited to light out. My Bride slept in a little bit, so she was still waking up when I slid into the truck and was gone. Got to to where we were supposed to meet – only to find out a text had been sent out about an hour previous, that my phone for whatever reason decided NOT to make me aware of…. that due to several people not being able to make it – the class was cancelled. DAMMIT Emmit~! One guy did show up [he apparently didn’t get the memo either] and wanted to dive as bad as I did – so we snatched a couple of tanks and threw them and his gear into my truck and headed for a dive site we could access from shore. As you may recall… I am not a big fan of  shore dives where you have to kick out to get to the dive site – but the water today was very unusually calm at this site and it is one of the shorter kick outs, so I agreed to go. Got there, got our gear set up, I got my camera put together and ready to go and we waded into that beautiful, clear blue water~! Dive site is called North Star and is in my top 5 favorite dive sites on the island. This is the first time I have ever dove with this guy [just the two of us] and I didn’t know how well he knew the site….. so I kinda maintained my bearing during the dive to make sure we both got back….. usually I pay absolutely no attention at all and rely on the Dive Master to make sure my happy a$$ don’t get lost. We made it back and came out perfectly where we were supposed to. Even though there were no sharks or big eels or turtles – it was still a great time, because my dive buddy was in no hurry and allowed me to ‘bottle-ass‘ around as much as I wanted experimenting with my camera. I took a 100 pictures on the one dive and saved 34 of them – but I am mostly really happy with those 34 pictures~! Back safely, I dropped my dive buddy and the tanks off and headed back to my [unusually quiet today] Queen. I rinsed my gear – she tried her hand at making Venison for the first time for dinner. She used her pressure cooker for the first time as well – and I can honestly that the venison was good as any I have ever had.

Gear put away, pictures edited, belly full and ready for a shave and a shower….. got some running with small odds and ends tomorrow – but enough pictures to last you until I get back in the water on Wednesday.

Good Night Ya’ll + + + + + + + + + + + + + + Thankx for stopping in~!

Total Page Visits: 495 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *