Boy Howdy what a day~!

……… just FYI…. a Boy Howdy is also a right fine fishin’ lure for them big ole lunker Bass~!! Especially down in Arkansas and Louisiana~!! Up at my own volition, but still much earlier than I would have liked….. I got up and ready to get my day started. My Queen had to work today – so she was already up and getting done what she needed done for her day. By 08:10 she was out the door leaving me once again to my own devices. Hungry, I whooped me up 3 eggs and a couple pieces of sausage and a biscuit [which with a little hind site I probably should have left alone], but live and learn. That [mostly] wonderful breakfast out of the way – I had plenty of time for other stuff before my big video call. Knowing I really needed to get my big nash back out on the road….. I strapped on my high fa-lootin’ walkin’ shoes and away I went. WOW – it didn’t take very long to realize I hadn’t done this in a while……. (yes, I stretched before starting) fine lot of good that did me. HMMmmm – maybe it was my big breakfast….. anyhow, I stayed at it and committed to getting at least 2 miles in before calling it quits. Finally at the 2 mile mark – I headed back towards the house….. just in time for a big ole gray cloud to form up and unload on me the last ¼ mile back to the house. 5 minutes away from the house – island Daughter Cynthia pings me and asked if I’m home ? They haven’t had power since 06:00 and Shawn needed to take a shower before he flew back to the states today. Sure – come on down……  They showed up shortly after I got dried off… Shawn got his shower, they sat and enjoyed breezes from the fans, we chatted a bit and they were gone.

I finally got the Skype call I was waiting for from California~!! Dude was as nice and polite as you could ever asked for and very patiently answered every single question I asked. When I finally realized I had had him on the line for just over 40 minutes…. I apologized profusely and let him go. He left me saying I could send him an email any time I wanted with as many questions as I wanted – and he would be happy to answer them for me…… now that is customer service~! If you have any kind of photography needs – these are the folks you want to deal with – – a truly fine bunch of folks~! In the midst of that conversation, Cynthia pinged me again and asked if I could give her a ride to her mechanic to pick up their vehicle. Just so happened I needed to run out that way again – so  I ran in town and picked her up and dropped her off at mid island. I went from there to computer dude again – to show him my lap top AGAIN … he thinks he has finally got it….. was supposed to have heard from him by now…… nope…. huge shock. Ya gotta love island life……

Stopped on the way back at Blues for some cold liquid libation…. chatted with my Bride for a couple of minutes…. had 1 or 5 drinks and headed back this way. I knew my Queen had a tough day, so I closed up the bedroom and fired up the A/C… it’s August, the winds are laying down and it is becoming Summer time here and getting hot. My Queen got here – went into the bedroom and with a couple of brief exceptions – I haven’t seen her since. I’m hoping she laid down and got in a nap – but squeals she makes when she talks to Grand kids, tell me, she probably not getting much of a nap. I have made dinner and it will be waiting for her when she comes out, if I can get her to eat something. I got a ping from the dive shop asking me if I am interested in taking pictures for them of the upcoming IDC (Instructor Development Course)….. well yeah~!!  That will be 2 weeks of work taking pictures and diving~!!  WAY over my limit – but it’s been a big day….

Good Night Ya’ll – – – – – – – — — – — Thankx for stopping in~!

Still there~!


Total Page Visits: 449 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *