Home Depot and some Blues…….

Awake after a crappy night’s sleep….. I guess that’s what I get for saying something about my sleep being so good recently….. last night was full of weird dreams, just not being comfortable….. just all kinds of goofy crap that made for an off night — You ever have those ?? Because of plans to get the ‘kids‘ to the airport and needing to get to Home Depot….. plans for everything else went out the window…..  kids finally came by in about a half of a tizzy – but we got them to the airport in fairly short order and just got word they are now in Miami and on their way back to Tennessee….. we wish them the very best in their travels. They are going back to bury Shawn’s Dad, who passed away on the 4th.  Never some thing anybody wants to do – but sadly, a necessary unpleasantry.

I turned down an opportunity to dive this morning, mainly because the boat was a lot fuller than I prefer and the fact I needed to get to Home Depot for some lawn maintenance equipment. A fubar in communications between me and my bride, had me sitting here until she got back from the airport, but once she was back, I asked if she would like to join me – so we closed the place up and headed off. For the first time in the 2½ years we have been on the island…… we got customer service like it should be at the store. You could almost hear my jaw hit the floor. We got a young man who was friendly, personable, knowledgeable and eager to help~! I almost felt like I was back in the states~! He also managed to have me upgrade the lawnmower I had in mind to one that is self-propelled.  A decision I think I will appreciate in the next couple of months. Were leaving Home Depot and I asked my Queen if she would like to swing out past Blues for a drink ‘or two’…….. A couple island miles out of the way – but it seemed like the thing to do and before you knew it – we were sitting at our favorite hang out chatting with lots of dear friends…… Well, one drink led to two, and two to three and three to….. well you get the idea. After 4 hours or so….. I got a bottle of water and started working on that. It wasn’t long until Angie was ready to go as well. I was going to get a bucket full of wings to go, but my Queen wasn’t in the mood for that, so we opted for the ever speedy Mickey D’s…… shouldn’t take to long, right ? HAHAHahahahaha…… we pulled into the drive through line and in an expeditiously 36 minutes… we were on our way……. only thing hot in the bags were the fries….. but soaked in booze with a 35 minute drive back to the house…. it was still fairly tasty……fairly~~~ Back now safe and sound…. bellies full – we are prepping our selves for a day of ATV business tomorrow. No new pictures for you – so will pull up some older ones you may have missed.

Good Night Ya’ll – – – – – – – – – – — – – – – – Thankx for stopping in~!

Total Page Visits: 324 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *