I lived~!!

The rain held off – I worked my butt off and I lived~!!! Rolled out entirely too early for a retired person – but I wanted to be up early enough to get all my bathroom stuff out of the way and make myself a decent breakfast before heading back to the job site. I showed up on time and promptly went to work and for the next almost 4 hours – stayed at it at a pace I was content with. Lots of clouds and about a 30 mph breeze helped keep me cool and taking a couple of quick water breaks when I felt the need. Not proud of the pace I worked at – but not ashamed of it either – accepting the fact that I will probably never be as good or fast at that kind of work as I used to be….. and I’m good with that  đŸ™‚

Came back to the house – showered and prepped what I needed for the dive club meeting. We loaded up and arrived to a sweltering meeting room at Leather Back brewing company. First time at that location, but it wasn’t long before we had the place organized and folks were filing in. Attendance was down just a little bit, but I think all enjoyed the presentation put on by a bunch of young ladies from the Sandy Point National Wildlife Refuge and the work they do with our local population of Leather Back Turtles. These are the big boys of the turtle world reaching upwards of 800 lbs~! (these are not the turtles we get up on our beach) Meeting finally wrapped up and we are now back at our nice cool condo.

I have a two-tank dive scheduled for tomorrow morning with a couple of buddies and I can’t wait — I miss diving. Afterwards, we’re supposed to meet up with good friends for beer and pizza at a local place (that currently has my favorite pizza~!) and I’m looking forward to that just as much as I am diving~!

I’m gonna wrap it up here…. kinda short, but I’m tired and need another shower… so pictures from the dive club meeting and hopefully LOTS of good underwater pictures for you tomorrow~!

Good Night Ya’ll > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Thankx for stopping in~!


Total Page Visits: 476 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *