Whatta day……

Sneaking back in here after unsuspectingly missing last nigh (sorry about that)….. We started our day of like usual yesterday but soon took off to get a errand done. We had found out the day before, our Food Handlers card had expired. Blues has asked us to help at a big beach BBQ competition down by the pier and asked us to confirm our Food Handlers cards were current. I honestly thought they were ( I thought they were good for 3-4 years) When I pulled it out to check – I saw where it had expired the end of February. Dammit Emmit~! So we set out yesterday morning to rectify that issue. Yes – we had to go poop on a stick again (see blog from February last year). I won’t go into those details again – but 2 hours and $ 70.00 later, we now once again hold current Food Handlers cards – a requirement to work any pretty much any kind of food industry here on the island. So we’re good to go. Wrapped that up and stopped in at Blues to let them know we were once gain ‘legal’. Since we were there, we got us a bite to eat and had a couple of drinks. Not wanting a repeat of the previous night, we cut out fairly early and came home to watch Numb3rs, the newest series we are into now. Interesting, but not sure we’ll make it through all 5 seasons of this one.

A little later in the day, we got a call from 2 dear friends (Cynthia and Shawn) and asked if we would like to join them at the Palms Restaurant for dinner and drinks. Well we couldn’t say no to that~!! We changed clothes and jumped into DD and headed off to meet them. Wasn’t a long commute, as the Palms is only about a mile down the road from us. We soon were all seated and after suffering through waiting on what I now believe to be the slowest waitress/bar on the island, we had our drinks. We chatted a bit and soon ordered something to eat. Again waiting a mind numbing amount of time for the food and more drinks – but the company was absolutely wonderful, so the terrible service didn’t seem quite as bad. Shawn decided they needed to stop by our house to check out our new sound system for our TV, sample some of the Jolly Rancher Lime infused Vodka we got at Mardi Croix and to pick up their ‘new’ [to them] TV. They bought our old 32″. Cynthia suggested they should maybe do it some other night because it was already late and they both had to work the next morning…. but the Jarhead won out, so they followed us back to our place. One taste turned into two, two into three and then drinks were made…… now there’s a shocker – Huh?   😉 They finally scampered off around Midnight and I sat up long enough to get a ping from them saying they had made it safely home, before wobbling into the bedroom and collapsing in bed – I guess you’ll have those night’s every once in a while…..well ….. maybe you won’t, but you can bet your ears I’m going to  😉

Good Night Ya’ll – – – – – – – Thankx for stopping in~!






Total Page Visits: 586 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *