JUST back from Blues….. Wow what a night. In the year plus we have been here, tonight was absolutely hands down the busiest I have ever seen our little place. There was probably at one time 175 – 200 people there…… We showed up at 15:00 with ice to get all the beer iced down and ready for quick turn over…. it stayed pretty calm until about 17:00 – when all hell broke loose…… and stayed that way until last call at 20:30. I got my cardio in for the year….. My Queen spent the bulk of the evening hawking Jell-O shots and did her usual outstanding job of selling every single one of them – so probably 120 or so…… she finally made it back to the bar to relieve me a little bit. The band playing tonight was a state side band called Mama’s Black Sheep. Not my particular brand of music but they did a presentable job and have a hellva a following. The place was hopping for a solid 5 hours…… Not going into a lot of detail, primarily because I’m so tired I don’t know how to act. We came back to a very hot stuffy condo…… opened up both sets of doors for that nice cool breeze, only to find there ain’t one……. well butter my butt and call me a biscuit~! So here we sit – sweaty, hot and tired….. I’m goin to put up the handful of pictures I took tonight and then head for a MUCH needed shower and some sleep, as I need to be back up at Blues by 09:00 to haul off a small mountain of trash that we accumulated tonight, before we show back up at noon for another ‘big draw’ band – Hudson and the Hoo-Doo Cats….. or some kind of nonsense like that. I’m curious to see if the draw is as big as tonight was. One of the things that made tonight more impressive, was the fact there was what is supposed to be a pretty sweet Jazz festival going on out on the West end of the island as well….. so Blues held their own for the night. Either way – 3 days in a row, working like we weren’t retired….. bound to make for a good nights sleep for a night or two~~~~~ 😉

Good night Ya’ll * * * * * * * * * Thankx for stopping in~!

The line at the trailer stayed packed for 2 solid hours~!
Look how smoke filled the trailer is~~~~! A solid two hours of cranking out the best BBQ on the island~!

Total Page Visits: 482 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *