and on we go…….

I left you mid conversation yesterday about our insurance being cancelled. The young lady I was speaking with said she thought she should escalate my case…… well no $hit~! I didn’t say those exact words to her but that is what I was thinking. Another 30+ minutes and I was mostly comfortable with the fact our ‘case’ would be looked into. I was promised a follow up call “either way” to let me know how it was going. This old fat boy ain’t holding his breath~! Now I needed to address the issue of an invoice I got from our on-line pharmacy for some maintenance medication we have received. I have that account set up the same way, to debit the cost every time a medication is sent. Guess what ??? Yup – because our insurance had been cancelled, so was our subscription to this pharmacy…… and because the subscription had been cancelled… they could no longer debit my account for payment AND would I like to know if I want to pay off my balance due on the account? No amount of explaining what had happened would suffice – so I paid my bill with a direct payment and was assured, as soon as our health insurance was re-instated – everything with prescriptions would be hunkey-dory~! (Not their choice of words) 😉 When you are well over 60 years old, living in a place where medical care is ‘sketchy’ at best and discover that all of your insurances are “gone” — is kind of a tough spot to get through~! We are keeping the faith though and hoping for the best. On a positive note – it appears the medicine the Doc prescribed, is helping, as my Queen didn’t cough near as much last night and we both got a fairly decent nights sleep for a change~! Now we wait to hear back from somebody…. anybody really, just to let me know that all those friggin’ conversations were not in vain and we will eventually have health insurance again~! Stayed tuned~~~

I had promised a friend to help him out with some work he needed done kind of urgently. He needed my back and my truck to relocate a bunch of his equipment from a job site. Because I went to bed reasonably early and got a decent nights sleep – I was up by 05:45 and raring to go. Is that how you spell raring? Auto correct says yes – but it don’t look right. I showed promptly at 08:30 at the job site (as requested) and for the next 6+ hours, loaded my truck full of tools and stuff, transported them across island to a storage container, unloaded them and went back for more. 4 times. I had some help from a friend who did everything she could and made my work much more tolerable. Finally finished, I swung out past the Post Office and picked up a couple of large packages waiting for me and finally back at the condo….. My Queen made me a nice strong drink and we sat down to enjoy each others company and talk about our day.

I wanted to attend a meeting this evening on an organization that deals with handicapped people interested in SCUBA diving – but I was just too worn out to do it, so I will catch up with the organizer at a later date to see if I can be of assistance, as it is something I am really interested in, but now have so many obligations I need to be careful what I commit to. Tomorrow looks to be a long day as we are pulling duty as Beer-Backs up at Blues. They have entertainment that usually proves to be a very large draw of people and we’re gonna help to ensure the event goes off smoothly. More random pix for you tonight~~

Good Night Ya’ll = = = = = = Thankx for stopping in~!

Jelly Fish….
Total Page Visits: 570 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *