After a nice cool shower and a short nights sleep… I rolled out early enough to be up at Blues Backyard by 07:00.  It started raining just about the time I got there, but I still managed to get the small handful of things done that I wanted to get done. Soggy but feeling content – I borrowed a couple of big coolers that I’m gonna need for the tournament Saturday and lugged them out to the truck. Got back a little bit after 08:00 – hauled the coolers out back to the patio and dropped my tools. While I was still mostly damp – I grabbed a scrub brush and some soap and did a little cleaning on the coolers to spiffy them up some. Besides, whenever I borrow something, I always return it in a little better shape than what it was when I borrowed it. A little lesson I learned from Sheriff Andy Taylor…..  😉   Came back in, toweled off and got into some try dud’s and settled into a nice breakfast my Queen had rustled up.

Spent the rest of the day watch a training video, which covered basically everything in the book – only had videos demonstrating procedures and techniques mentioned in the book. I am now starting on the Red Cross book and still have to get that DVD as well. The instructor mentioned he may do some hands on training with me during that part of the course…… slowly moving forward. As I’m typing this, the whole unit just went black….. oh boy….. I will have to copy or snip this going forward, as I’m not sure it will save it since this is an internet based site and I no longer have internet (while the power is out) DAMMIT EMMIT~!!  That means no A/C and no television either……. Guess I need to stop here. I won’t be able to load pictures because I need the internet for that too. Will have to wait to see how long we are without power this round. You all enjoy your ice and snow I hear we’re getting back in Posey County Indiana….. I’m gonna sit out on the patio and look for babies~!  Possible 3 hatchings tonight~!

Good night Ya’ll …… Thankx for stopping in~!



Total Page Visits: 463 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.